Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I've gone blog crazy

This week my entire life has revolved around blogs. Blogging, bloggers, the actual layout themselves. I have been working on a story for The New School Free Press researching how fashion bloggers have become an entirely new subcategory of celebrity. I started by furiously emailing and trying to contact a few of my favorite bloggers. I get a lot of my inspiration from people on the street, and my friends, but the majority of what influences my style is fellow bloggers.

Here are a few of my absolute favorite blogs:

The Sartorialist (image via waynetippetts.com)

Fashion Toast (image via Fashion Toast)

The Man Repeller (image via The Man Repeller)

Song of Style (image via Song of Style)

Hanneli Mustaparta (image via Hanneli)

In addition to fashion blogs, I read Robert Mackey's The Lede, New York Magazine's The Cut, and my new obsession is a blog called Boys Life. I was introduced to it by a friend who mentioned it when I told him about the story I was writing. He described it as disgusting, offensive, and that some deem it the male equivalent to "Sex and the City". I was intrigued. I looked up the blog expecting to be turned off after a one post detailing this guy's many exploits with women, and his "tricks of the trade." To my surprise, I was completely enthralled. What i found was a blunt, yet honest depiction of a single boy's life in New York City. I could see how infinite girls would be offended by his no apologies attitude, but the reason I am so infatuated is because the anonymous blogger is an excellent storyteller. If you are looking for an interesting, off-the-cuff quick read, check out Boys Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment